Jonathan Estrin once said, “The way we spend our time defines who we are.”
Have you ever thought about how much time has passed as you browsed through your social media feed or maybe after watching an entire series? Are you the type to put things off for “later” even if “later” never comes along? Do you ever wonder where the days go?
We always hear the phrase “Life is short.” Consider this: The Earth is around 4.5 billion years old and the life expectancy of a person on average is 71.4 years last 2015. (Source) I’m not that good at Math, but I think we’re pretty much just a blink of an eye in Earth years.
Every moment of our lives is precious. We can either do something wonderful, or spend the entire day staring at the ceiling. Which do you prefer?
- How much time do you spend:
- using your phone/computer?
- with your family/friends?
- doing your hobbies?
- honing your talents?
- helping with chores around the house?
- talking to God and reflecting on His Word?
2. What can you do to spend more time on worthwhile things?